The Czar RouteFavorites
DAY 1 (Sunday): Arrival Helsinki
Arrival in Helsinki, optional transfer to Hotel Glo Art**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (Monday): Helsinki
Helsinki is located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours and the Senate Square with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Suomenlinna Fortress, a cultural treasure which construction was started in the 18th century as a sea fortress. Located on an island, fortress is a unique attraction for visitors.
DAY 3 (Tuesday): Helsinki-St. Petersburg
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a photo-stop at Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
DAY 4 (Wednesday): St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
DAY 5 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
The morning is reserved for an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch.
DAY 6 (Friday): St. Petersburg-Moscow
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon we arrive to Moscow and check in at Hotel Park Inn Sadu**** or similar.
DAY 7 (Saturday): Moscow
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow by night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
DAY 8 (Sunday): Moscow
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700-years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
DAY 9 (Monday): Moscow Departure
Optional transfer to airport.
Package prices per person:
EUR 1045.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 450.00 (single supplement)
White Night Supplement for GCR06-GCR12
EUR 100.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 100.00 (single supplement)
- 8 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 8 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki, Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Kremlin
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escorts on all tours
- Service of Portuguese speaking tour escorts on tours GCR11, GCR15, GCR17, GCR19, GCR21
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg-Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- Transfer airport to Hotel Glo Art: EUR 80.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 100.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 3-hour excursion with water bus to the Suomenlinna Fortress: EUR 60.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: EUR 75.00 pp
- Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: EUR 50.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: EUR 70.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: EUR 50.00 pp
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti: EUR 50.00 pp
- Guided channel cruise: EUR 65.00 pp
- 3-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: EUR 25.00 pp
- 3-hour Moscow-by-night tour and river cruise: EUR 50.00 pp
- 8-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: EUR 80.00 pp
- Visit to Old Russian Circus: EUR 70.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Park Inn Sadu to airport: EUR 80.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 100.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (8 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 260.00 pp