Belarus and Baltic ExplorerFavorites
DAY 1 (Thursday): Arrival Minsk
Arrival at the airport, optional transfer to Hotel Minsk**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (Friday): Minsk
Minsk is one of the last undiscovered secrets of Europe, modern and historical at the same time, a green city with a cosmopolitan and bustling atmosphere and surprisingly bright, clean and safe. The morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Independence Square and the Independence Avenue with its amazing collection of Stalinist Classicism, the Old Town, the Island of Tears, the reconstructed Trinity District and the Janka Kupala Park. The afternoon offers optional visit to Museum of the Great Patriotic War with more than 8000 exhibits related to the devastating tragedy of WWII in Belarus.
DAY 3 (Saturday): Minsk
The day offers and optional excursion to one of the greatest treasures of Belarus, Mir Castle, ca. 100 km southwest of Minsk, a UNESCO World heritage site. The castle is an exceptional example of a central European fortification, reflecting in its design and layout successive cultural influences of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance that blend harmoniously to create an impressive monument to the history of Belarus. The evening offers an optional dinner at Restaurant Gambarinus.
DAY 4 (Sunday): Minsk–Vilnius
The morning is free in Minsk to explore more of the city individually. In the afternoon we are driving 180 km to reach Vilnius, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar.
DAY 5 (Monday): Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well-preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening, enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
DAY 6 (Tuesday): Vilnius-Riga
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia, we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Mercure Riga**** or similar.
DAY 7 (Wednesday): Riga
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida, and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
DAY 8 (Thursday): Riga
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
DAY 9 (Friday): Riga–Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
DAY 10 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
DAY 11 (Sunday): Tallinn
Optional transfer to the airport.
Package prices per person:
EUR 1045.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 450.00 (single supplement)
- 10 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 10 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and Medieval Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of German and English speaking tours escort on all tours
- Service of Italian only speaking tour escort on Baltic countries segment and Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on Belarussian segment on tours GBE13-GBE17
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on tours GBE07-GBE11
- Service of 1st class coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Service and VAT
- Transfer from airport to Hotel Renaissance Minsk: EUR 60.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 100.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 3-hour visit to Museum of the Great Patriotic War: EUR 45.00 pp
- 6- hours excursion to Mir Castle: EUR 85.00 pp
- Optional dinner at Restaurant Gambarinus: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 40.00 pp
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: EUR 40.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 50.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: EUR 40.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: EUR 40.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olumpia to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotel (10 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 290.00 pp
Visa can be obtained at arrival at Minsk-2 International Airport for residents of countries, where there is no Belarus consulate. Residents of countries, where there is a Belarus consulate, are required to apply for visa here. Costs for visa support for issuing visa at consular departments in foreign countries are included into the prices. Supplement for visa support for issuing visa at Minsk-2 International Airport: EUR 10.00 pp